The huge increase in Alzheimers cases isn’t happening by random chance. As a matter of fact, Alzheimers is now being referred to as Diabetes Type 3 by many researchers, and here’s why:
- One of the factors that causes Alzheimers is the brain’s inability to use glucose. No glucose = No fuel to the brain.
- Reduction of healthy fats and an increase in unhealthy fats in the diet leads to unhealthy cell membranes and insulin resistance.
- Another major cause aside from insulin resistance is the rampant consumption of cholesterol reducing drugs, which have a multitude of harmful side effects. Cholesterol plays a major role in the creation of healthy cell membranes and the maintenance of healthy cells and hormone function, which is why many researchers classify cholesterol as an essential nutrient.
- The building blocks to a healthy brain are healthy fats and healthy cholesterol.
- The vast majority of people are “Sugar Burners”, burning carbohydrates and sugar as fuel. Although it requires quite a bit of dietary modification for a Sugar Burner, being a “Fat Burner” burning fats as fuel, is much more efficient and provides optimal health to the brain and the rest of your body.
Note: The cause of Alzheimers isn’t limited to “what you eat”, but lowering your sugar intake and consumption of processed carbohydrates can go a long way in lowering your risk of Alzheimers. Environmental toxins play a role a role as well, but you get to decide what goes in your body. Lowering your exposure to toxins in the environment first requires an understanding of what those toxins may be, so we’ll focus on lowering sugar consumption for the sake of this discussion.