As any normal American male I love sports, and during most sporting like soccer, basketball, football and even baseball each team is battling to win and claim victor of the other. During each game, the physical struggle between each team to advancing the ball or player can become a very high intense situation. This high intensity can even exhaust the most physically fit athlete over time. Often, we see a coach or a player call for a timeout to help the team recharge in order to increase their chances of victory.
Since most of us are not professional athlete, we might not see the need for a timeout in our lives, or do we need them as well. The average American has a very busy lifestyle: running here and there, soccer games, business trips, dinner parties, school functions, etc., we never seem to have enough time for ourselves. When we finally “come up for air,” we realize we have become trapped in the rat race of life. This month, I’m going to give you permission to take a personal Time Out, to recharge and refill your battery.
The stresses of life can drain us and prevent us from contributing to our community and fulfilling our purpose in life. Winston Churchill stated, “We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give!” As Christians, we are called on a mission of giving to others, just like Christ gave to us.
In order for us to pour into other, our own cup must be filled. Christ told us to give him all of our cares and anxieties, because He loves us enough to know we can’t handle the pressures of life on our own. Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV) reads, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” So this month, try these simple methods for recharging your body and soul, to give you strength to manage the stress of life:
- Aromatherapy – The scent of herbs and natural oils can help you relax and soothe muscle tension and reduce stress induced headaches.
- Exercise Outside – Walk on a beach or take a bike ride to get some fresh air and help shift your thoughts to pleasant ones.
- Massage – A good massage can help relieve stress in your muscles and their connective tissue, , and can alleviate tension headaches from which some people needlessly suffer
- Read your Bible – It’s a wonderful book to help you put life into perspective (We can’t stress when we’re grateful about all the blessings God has provided for us)!
- Solitude – Spend 24 hours of quality time away from worldly cares and focus on God and pursuing His purpose for your life. Rest in Him. A weekly time out from the world offers tremendous health benefits. Try it this month and see how your well-being improves. Give God 24 hours, and He’ll make the rest of your week sweet.
Remember: Action is the key for life! Pray more, Move more, Love more, and Enjoy more!
About Casio Jones. He is not like any other coach or a trainer out there helping you lose weight. Casio´s mission is to present the restoration message of the Bible which involves God restoring our physical problems as well as our mental problems. Casio strongly believes that success in people´s lives is based on their connection and relationship with Christ.
With his dynamic and enthusiastic character there is no surprise that Casio Jones is one of the new and most sought after Health & Wellness Fitness Educator and Trainer. Casio is a USF alumnus and has his own Fitness TV program entitled, “Action 4 Life” that airs on 3ABN. He has been coined “The Body Evangelist” based on him fusing his lifestyle fitness program with biblical wellness principles.