Yes! You can make healthy ice cream!
For those of you who understand that healthy fats are healthy and have adopted a high healthy fat, low carb diet, this recipe is for you.
Below are the ingredients and : Follow the instructions below or by watching Livia on the video. There is sometimes a challenge with the ice cream freezing solid in the freezer. After filming we tried Dave’s suggestion to this challenge by using half Upgraded Cacao Butter and half the recommended coconut oil (that is mentioned in the recipe below.
Also, we added a little flavor without adding any sugar, by using half the recommended amount of xylitol or erythritol along with a ½ cup of either raspberries or strawberries.
Here is the original recipe straight from Dave Asprey, the Bulletproof Executive: https://blog.bulletproof.com/get-some-ice-cream/
- 4 whole eggs (pastured of course)
- 4 yolks (in addition to the whole eggs above)
- 2 tsp vanilla (I use Vanillamax)
- 1 gram vitamin C (ascorbic acid) or 10 drops apple cider vinegar or lime juice to taste.
- 100 grams (7 tbs) grass-fed butter
- 100 grams (7tbs) coconut oil (or substitute half Upgraded Cacao Butter for amazing taste)
- 50 grams (3tbs + 2tsp) XCT oil (important for consistency)
- 80 grams (5.5tbs) xylitol or erythritol (or more to taste – you can add up to 160 grams if you want)
- ~100 grams water or ice (just under 1/2 cup; add less than you think you need, then increase the amount).
- (optional) 1/4 to 1/2 cup of low-toxin Upgraded Chocolate powder
- Blend everything but the water/ice in blender. It takes a while to get the butter blended into perfect creaminess.
- Add water or ice and blend some more until well blended. Ideally, you want a yogurt-like consistency for creamy ice cream, or add more water for a firmer, icier texture
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and turn it on.
This will make perfect consistency ice cream. Then you and your partner can enjoy it, give it about an hour for the magic to start happening 😉
– “Credit Dave Asprey from his website where he has this recipe listed”
Email – email@example.com